Thursday, October 11, 2007

Going to Ireland

I'm officially going to N. Ireland! The Causeway Coast to be specific. Here's a bit from the interview


Ricky: Are you internally or externally energized?
Me: Internally.
Ricky: We've got beaches here! Do you like beaches? You can go to them. The students all like them.



I'll be going to Portstewart, Ireland. I'm leaving as soon as I get a Visa (2-3 weeks, probably), and coming back to hopefully start grad school (TBD) next August. The rules are this: Nobody gets married until I come back, and everyone sends me lots of mail. Thank you. Also, I'm going to make another blog. They're all geographically based, you see.


I'm going to be interning at a church called the Causeway Coast Vineyard. I'll be working with the Missions pastor to plan and implement events and activities locally and abroad. I'm going to be almost a missionary (in overall goal as well as being uncompensated).




I'll keep you posted as things go along, of course. But now I've got to go deal with the six-year-old, who currently has lice--which she has (we hope) not yet been so kind as to share with me.

4 comments:

  1. YAY MEGAN!
    Sad though that I don't live close. We have something of yours though so you should come back for a final visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freakin' A! (Excuse me, but) that is SO awesome! I'm so excited for you!!!! You're going to have the time of your life. I really want to go back to Ireland. Everyone's so nice there (or maybe it was just because we had come from meanland Norway). Wow, you're leaving so soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise not to get married. I love you too much to do that to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great, and you do seem to have gotten the travel bug which is the thing to do while you are young and energetic (although you don't always sound energetic in this blog). I only hope you can tie yourself down to school when you get back. Maybe it will be necessary to travel to other sites to complete the MA. There are some great stories from the part of the world to which you are heading, mostly involving giants or people who convince others of that "fact" to save their own neck. So don't lose your storytelling ability - it may even get better. This is too long, I believe, but "oh, well" I am Irish! Aunt Frances

    ReplyDelete