Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009

I don't have a resolution this year--not a real one, like last years' banana resolution which was a total success, by the way. I have a few goals, not the least of which is finding an actual job/job-path, which may require some major synapse rewiring. My current total brainwave activity has diminished from this time last year, and I fear I'm becoming...boring? Don't comment on that. Banana resolutions are exciting in their own way.

2008 went by like when you watch a plane flying over your house and it seems like it's going so slow and then it's gone, and you realize how much ground it has covered in just a few moments. Basically, the difference between my experience of 2008 and the actual space of 2008 is atmospherically and proportionally challenged more so than any of my years yet. It was a weird one, during which I turned 23, visited 5 different countries, volunteered full-time, painstakingly made more than a year's share of major life decisions, and learned the dutch word for chocolate sprinkles (hagelslag).

I am looking forward to a relatively quiet year, and I hope to be blogging (hopefully not too diary-esque) a bit more than I have been.

I hope you are having a nice start to your year :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Meg, I haven't made any new year resolutions either... it really is a set up for a let down. The goal setting, however, is the way forward... literally. I totally relate to your take on 2008. It was a strange one for me too which just flew in. I do hope 2009 proves a good one for you and all those life decisions made last year pay off. Happy Hagelslag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling that the older we get, the faster that dang plane flies. However. I am very much looking forward to us living in the same city again :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehh, resolutions. I always seem to make them, yet never keep them. This year I just told myself to be less selfish. Hopefully this one will work out. I love you, and I'm sure you will make a great decision for a resolution. :)

    ReplyDelete