Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tymps and Miss Pettigrew

"Those boon times went bust,
my feet of clay, they dried to dust;
the red isn't the red we painted, it's just rust...
and the signature thing which used to bring a following
I have trouble now even remembering"

I constantly feel the need to quote Fiona Apple. This has nothing to do with Modesto. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a station which plays Fiona Apple in the Modesto area. You can, however, tune in to B93.1 if you'd like to hear Viva la Vida every hour or so.

Big news!!!
Vintage Faire mall is hosting a grand opening party for the new addition on Nov 14-16th. Santa will be there! Don't miss it! I'm hoping for an Anthropologie, but if it actually appears I will be shocked and awed to the core. It is my retail museum. Beautiful.

I watched "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" and loved it. Thought it was wonderful and thoughtful, moved quickly and demonstrated a balance of style and frivolity alongside the desperation of poverty and a looming war in England in the 30's. The costumes made me want to go get my hair cut, and then go buy shoes. Miss Pettigrew is instantly loveable. Each subsequent character established their role quickly, such that you might boo for the bad guys and cheer for the good guys before knowing anything solid about them. Predictable from the beginning (as all classic plays should be) but a definite hotfudgesundae of a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment